Saturday, November 17, 2012

July 31, 2012 Checking tire size

You have to start with the infrastructure and work your way out.  You can't build the thing and then decide later after it is almost complete you want a larger tire squeezed in under the fenders.   So, I did a little measuring, a little playing or test fitting and I came up with 12" wide x approx 27" tall and I plan on using 18" wheels.  So anyway, here is one of the test fits just for fun.  I am pretty sure a 31" tall tire is not what I'm looking for.  This is a spare from one of dad's old trucks that was laying around.  What I want is something that will fill the wheel house up, look thick from the rear and all be tucked up inside the fender lips.  I think with the work we're doing we'll be able to meet that goal. 

Yeah, this is a little too much rubber.
 

Height looks pretty good but way to much front to back.

No comments:

Post a Comment