Monday, October 1, 2012

Early Recods..


My early records were somewhat short and sweet.  Nothing much to talk about, just a date, a few short lines and maybe a price associated with the latest work being accomplished.  For example it started this way:   Sept. 4th, 1990   /   Purchased Mustang Mach 1 from Steve xxxxx   /    $2250.00

That’s it, that is the way it began.  I’ll run down through a few of them until I get the time when the new restomod started.

·         Quick cleanup and detail on engine compartment.
·         Replaced water pump, fuel pump, & rebuilt carb.
      ·         Drove once a week until Engine stopped charging.
·         Alexandria Nicole Ball Born 7lbs. 9 oz.
·         Opened the hood a few times just to look.
·         Battery is dead.   January 1992
·         May 7th, 2012—Moved car into dad’s shop to start resto.  Wow!!!  Really??

I had made a special form with several blank copies of the same page to fill in over the years of restoration.   I kept these records in a three ring binder along with any receipts or other information I deemed pertinent.  This binder still exists today and I still add to it, but it will remain short worded for it has limited space.  Seems I wasn’t doing a very good job with the records, but that is because I was not doing anything with the restoration.  I had ordered the original invoice back when Lois still held them and sold them, and this is also kept in the binder.   Not sure of the exact date, but it had to be along 1991 or so.   I will do most of the talking on this blog, showing several of the pictures I have taken along the way to the finish line and stories to go with.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment