Friday, October 19, 2012

Work done around June 1st, 2012


 
Today we removed the fenders and windshield.  I think I may have mentioned in an earlier post that the fenders already went to Todd with other parts for straightening.  Obviously this was not the case since we just now took them off the car.  They were a pretty straightforward removal, not much trouble at all.  We also removed the fender extensions at this time.  While removing the fenders we only found two body panel shims, both of them on the driver’s side fender.  
The windshield was intact with no cracks but was badly scratched from someone using the wipers for what looks like years with no blades on them.  The windshield was gouged deeply across the entire surface.  With this being the case we weren’t too worried about getting the thing out in one piece.  We did try to though, for a minute.  J  The trim came off easy, once again dad did it while I was earning my grocery money.  He worked from the outside, and I laid on my back inside the car and pushed with my feet.  Very slowly, we had it started and it was coming out, but I got a little greedy with the feet pressure and it started to crack.  So out it came, crackin and poppin, and into the trash can.  
 
Here you can see the deep scratches from the wiper blades all the way across the windshield.

 
Windshield out.  Good thing it was going in the trash to begin with.
 

Me taking off the rear view mirror.
 

No more fenders, and soon all that junk hanging there there be gone as well.  Actually the original disc brakes were really nice.  Just one more thing I will be selling to those folks who are building an "All Original Car"

No comments:

Post a Comment