Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ideas...


I have owned this car for 22 years now and have never really stopped thinking about what it would be like when it is restored.  I never really planned on making a concourse correct car, or even coming close to that achievement.   My early plan was to make a nice, solid, strong running weekend driver.   I even had the color picked out which at the time I called “safety yellow”.    GM has produced this color for me now so there will be no guessing involved when it is time for paint.  Velocity Yellow is what they call it, and it can be seen on more and more cars lately. Hopefully that little fad will phase out soon, as one of the reasons I wanted this color is it was not too frequently seen.  
So, enter the 21st century and so many advances have been made in the way of upgrades for our classic cars that I am way behind on the subject.  I’m happy just to get this car inside the shop with a burst of energy to make something happen. 
Like I said I had never planned on building a stock car, in looks or otherwise.  Original parts would be used where they survived to be used again, but I am not afraid of reproductions or fabbing my own stuff. 
So, without giving all the details I will say this about the design of the restomod—it will be a mild pro-tour type car.  Meaning it will have many modern upgrades over the stock configuration without being full on Pro Tour.  I plan to keep a few of the Mach 1 monikers just to let someone know what it is, while containing my own formula of what I like.  So please follow along as I describe the work me and dad are doing and will do along the way.   Hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment